Monday, July 13, 2009

keep music personal

All too often, while at the gym, or at the movies, or just plain walking around, there is someone who is blasting the music on their MP3 player so loudly that I can not only hear the song, but even make out some of the words. This irritates me to no end because it throws me back to the early 90s when people would carry around their whole boombox in a failed attempt to be "rad" or "hip" (insert other early 90s term for cool). I don't want to hear your crap music, if I did, I would be listening to it on my ipod, and not being distracted by yours.


VS.

The way I see it, technology has provided us with the ability to make our music personal, so please take advantage of the miniaturization of music and keep it personal.

Oh, and one more thing...it's so bad for your ears that any "coolness" you gain by blasting your DJ Jazzy Jeff (or whatever the kids are listening to these days) will be eliminated 1000 fold when you are 55 and deaf, and people have to yell at you, and then you HAVE to crank-up your music just to hear it even a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment