Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Condensation

I cannot handle the condensation on the outside of anything...cups, glasses, water bottles, car windows, etc. I consider it the silent killer. While I try to let it go, there is something about those little droplets of water that screams at me... "dry me, dry me!" So I do. You will never see a glass of mine that is not on a napkin, a coaster, a towel or some combination of that. (I prefer the napkin on top of the coaster...the napkin to dry the condensation and the coaster to protect the wood underneath). If I see a glass, condensation running rampant, water ring on the table, smeared remnants of the previous water ring all over the table, I have to dry it up. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

For example, I set my morning iced drink on a stack of napkins (4-7 napkins) and as the glass/plastic sweats those little annoying droplets, I periodically use one of the napkins to dry the cup, 360 degrees around in a methodical up and down motion. I then toss the napkin in the proper receptacle and rest at the site of the clean cup. Obviously, the colder the drink and the hotter the room, the more of a problem I have (see below). But I deal. Wipe, rotate, repeat.


Thanks to Purdue University, here is an illustration of how my enemy wins on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment