Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacuuming!

When people think ocd, they think repetitive hand washing, nonsensical flipping of light switches, and peculiar cleanliness. I haven't slipped into the first two yet [yet] but my passion and my pleasure is cleaning, particularly vacuuming. I Vacuums! I love the look, the feel, the smell of the room after a vacuum has finished, and, of course, the spotless area left in its wake.

I have a rule when it comes to vacuums, You get what you pay for. Plain and simple. It has been my experience that people hesitate to spend a lot of money on a vacuum. I have been told "The $30 one is just as good," on several occasions, but that's just not the case. Sorry. Not only is the suction weaker, but the vacuum will lose that weak suction over time, and you will be left with a plastic canister, reminiscent of a child's play thing. FYI, those toys don't actually clean.


My favorite type of Vacuum, is the Dyson. Hands down, the best vacuum I have ever used. They make as much noise as every other vacuum, but they are far more powerful and simply glorious. I have two Dyson vacuums in my home. The first one, for everyday, quick and easy use, is the handheld Dyson DC 16 root 6. This one is great. It docks easily in the charger so it is always ready to use, and it has the same great Cyclone technology that makes Dyson one of the premiere vacuum companies in the world. Quick, convenient, and amazing.


The Second one in my house, is the Dyson DC 14. This is an upright vacuum with a long, telescoping handle for tough corners. The hose can extend up to 17 feet without losing any suction, and is great for going up stairs and getting cob webs out of ceiling corners. The base of the vacuum is so strong, you can feel the dirt and grime being sucked out of every crevice in your home. Freakin' great!

Now I realize that they are expensive, but if taken care of properly, you will never have to buy another vacuum. Luckily, Dyson is a brand carried at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, who routinely send out 20% off coupons, which can be applied to the purchase of your first and last vacuum. You can sign up for Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% off coupons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment