Monday, August 17, 2009

Manhole covers

So you're probably thinking "what could possibly bother you about manhole covers?" but this is definitely an OCD thing that drives me bonkers!

I know you have all seen the manhole covers that sit atop the street entrance of a sewer...well I have this thing where I can't stand it when they are put back over the sewer holes incorrectly. Now I know there is no "wrong" way to put a round piece of metal over a round hole, but I really wish there was some sort of indicator as to where it should be placed when the hole is recovered.

Oh wait there is...

Now it's not all of them, but sometimes the paint on the streets will overlap with a manhole cover and act as that indicator. But, instead of putting the cover back on the hole so that the lines of the road will match up again, the non-OCD mind (or maybe in a hurry to get home?) just puts it back wherever it falls, and there it sits, taunting me to no end.


Seriously, how crappy does that look, and how easy would it be to fix this! I know these Bs are heavy but if they were put on correctly the first time, it would be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment